Friday, August 22, 2014

Safeway Friday 8/22/14

Sorry this is so late.  Today I took advantage of the $5 Friday Sales at Safeway.  You must be a Just 4 U Rewards member in order to get the reduced prices. Below is the breakdown of my transaction.

Buy 2 Boxes Cheerios at $5 (4 for $10)
Use a $1/2 Any General Mills Cereal Coupon (from 8/17/14 Smart Source coupon book)
Cost was $4 for the 2 boxes

Buy 2 Boxes Trix at $3.34  (3/$5 or $1.67 each)
Friday Special.  After today it goes away.  But, you can still use the 4 for $10 deal.
Use another $1/2 Any General Mills Cereal Coupon, making this $2.34.
Safeway gave me another $1 discount as a Just 4 U member reward.
Making these 2 boxes $1.34 for both or 67 cents each.

Buy 1 Gallon Whole Milk  Regular price, $4.99 - Free with the purchase of four boxes of General Mills Cereal for $10.
I was able to get the milk for free, even though I used the lower priced Trix deal (3 for $5) for the final two boxes of cereal.  I could have gotten four boxes of Trix and paid an even lower total price, but I didn't want that many boxes of one cereal.
Use a 55 cent off coupon.  See ground beef below.  There is a printable coupon for this savings.  Even though the milk was free, the register still took off the 55 cents..
Total cost -55 cents 

Buy 1.33 lbs. Lean Ground Beef  at $4.83  
The ground beef packages come attached with a 55 cent peelie, which is immediatly good on any California Dairy Product.

Total cost for today's trip was $9.62, a 63% savings on my grocery bill!


No comments:

Post a Comment